Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sonoran I#ebri@tor (Inebriator)

On a dreary overcast Saturday afternoon, I threw a giant hunk of meat in the crock pot.  After looking though our beer choices, I selected the I#ebri@tor (9.1% ABV), an Imperial Stout, from Sonoran Brewing Company in Scottsdale, Arizona. Then I decided I'd try to turn my crock pot beef into a beef pot pie of sorts (as I had no potatoes -- and no clue how -- to make a proper Shepherds Pie).

The beer poured up nicely after we pulled the mystery beef pie out of the oven.  It was thick, heavy and rich smelling.  The Husband said it smelled exactly like black licorice but I didn't get that.  I smelled lots of dark rich chocolate/wood/coffee/everything that you think you should smell with a beer like this.

As we sat down to eat, we read the bottle.  It describes this beer as "a thick, chewy body which matches the heavy flavor" and "what's not noticeable as the syrupy brew coats the tongue is the 9.1% alcohol."

This description is spot on. 


I'd absolutely buy a bottle of this beer again for an beef dinner occasion.  One small glass was enough for me.  I felt like I needed to run my mouth through the car wash once my glass was empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment