Sunday, January 22, 2012

Trail beer

The Husband and I have started trying to go for a mountain bike ride together every Sunday.  We typically drop the kids off with Grandpa and Gramma and then ride around for a few hours on the Hawes trail system in Mesa.  But today, Grandpa decided he was going to ride with us!  What a surprise!!!  In addition, we already planned to meet my brother in law and 11-year old nephew at the trailhead.

So we all rallied at our meeting point and off we went...

After 6.5 miles of me trying very hard to keep up with my fearless nephew and a small wreck by my brother in law, the crew was nearly ready to head back to the car.  So while we stood around enjoying the awesome weather and beautiful scenery after watching my nephew go off a jump a few times, The Husband cracked the beer he had stashed away in his pack.  The beer of choice?  A rare find by my brother in law: the Camelback IPA (6.1% ABV) from The Phoenix Ale Brewery in Phoenix, Arizona.


If I had a choice, every beer would be consumed with these surroundings.
My brother-in-law has requested that I add his input. He rates the beer a 4.5 out of 5 and would like to spread the word that this "pretty darn tasty" beer is available at his local Costco.  Well done Phoenix Ale Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment