Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Damn. I wish we had purchased 2 or 3 of these...

While in Pagosa Springs, my sister and I scored a pretty sweet beer from Ska Brewery's local series.  The Sethvleteren 8 Belgian-Style Organic Dubbel Ale (% ABV is unknown).  This beer is part of the nineteenth installment of Ska's limited-edition, locally inspired line of beers.  This particular brew is based on a recipe from homebrewer Seth Townsend, winner of Ska's 3rd Annual Homebrew Competition.


After reading a bit about this beer on the inter-webs, the name is allegedly a play on Westvleteren 8, a rare Belgian beer that is something of a Holy Grail for beer geeks. These beer geeks apparently consider the Westvleteren 8 to be one of the best beers in the world.

We opened this beer early in the evening on New Years Eve and staged the photo to try to capture the beautiful mountain sunset off the back deck of our vacation home.  The sunset was as beautiful as this beer was delicious.  It totally left me wishing I had bought another one or two to bring home with us to enjoy again another night.  Oh well, now I know and next time I will have to remember to trust the local series.

No comments:

Post a Comment