Friday, January 27, 2012

Celebratory Suds

If you look back over the past few posts, you'll notice a theme: life was uninspiring, busy and consumed work-related stress and frustration.  Well, today I made a change.  Today I quit my job (well, I gave them my 2.5 weeks notice).  After 4.5 years with the same company and nearly 8 years total in the environmental consulting field, today I hung up my hat and it feels fan-freaking-tastic.

I know that I will truly miss many of my wonderful co-workers, daily laughs and friendly Clients.  But it was time.  It was time for a change.  I have no idea what my next step will be, but I can only hope that it will be something I am passionate about and enjoy doing everyday.  In the meantime, I look forward to spending time with my Husband, our two wonderful kids, the giant puppy and my butterfly-covered bike.  In addition, I hope to get back to exploring springtime in Arizona from behind the lens of our trusty Nikon D60.

To celebrate, we had a former co-worker of mine and now good friend of ours over along with his wife and son (pictured below reaching across the counter for more chips) for happy hour and dinner.  On tap, the Black Jack Porter from Left Hand Brewing Company in Longmont, Colorado.  I didn't pour it in a glass so I can't comment on the color or appearance of the beer.  But as with most dark beers, I got the creamy chocolate and coffee mix of flavors that I was hoping for and expecting.  It is a pretty solid porter in my book and I will absolutely purchase it again sometime.

Black Jack Porter (6.4% ABV) from Left Hand Brewing Company in Longmont, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment