Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bohemian Tuesday

Tonight is not an especially interesting beer, but we can't have a grand slam winner every night.  At least not in Arizona without an unlimited budget.  So none-the-less, tonight I opened a Bohemian Black Lager from Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, Texas.  I always thought Shiner was the name of the brewery....not the town.  So hey - I guess I learned something tonight.

Better than a regular Shiner, but nothing to write home or get too excited about.  Husband has not jumped on the recent trend to make a black version of every kind of beer (except the black IPAs, which he has embraced) and after trying this one, I haven't either.  Don't get me wrong...it is by no means a bad beer, it's just really not that super.  I would drink it again but if I'm going to drink a dark beer, I'd prefer a dark creamy beer.  This one lacks the creamy nature of a good dark beer and is a bit bubbly for a dark beer.

Bohemian Black Lager (4.9% ABV) from the in Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment