Monday, December 26, 2011

I Believe in Santa

Christmas morning revived my belief in Santa.  He brought me a few bombers of what looks like delicious brews.  After all the Christmas chaos (and I say that in the most loving way), we came home, got the kids to bed and picked up all the wrapping paper so the puppy wouldn't eat it.  Finally, we picked a brew from Santa and drank it sitting in bed listening to the Ska-Punk Radio Show (Christmas edition) on The Edge.

Our beer of choice was the Oude Zuipers (11% ABV), a Belgian Tripel Ale, brewed by Brewery Van Steenberge in Belgium for Pagago Brewery in Scottsdale, Arizona.  Santa was lured into purchasing this beer when she saw Papago Brewery on the label and didn't look much closer.  After all, Santa is not a fan of shopping in large crowds the day before Christmas.  With a little investigation, I realized that there is a cool story behind this beer: http://www.globalbeer.com/body_pages/pages-beer/OudeZuipers/OudeZuipers.html


This beer is not for the lightweights out there.  It packs a punch!  It started off a bit bitter, so we nibbled on some Wheat Thins to help the taste.  Very heavily carbonated.  I enjoyed it quite a bit (rating = 7), but there was nothing truly remarkable or unique about this beer.  It tasted somewhat familiar but I couldn't put my finger on the name of beer it tasted like.  Husband was a little less impressed.  He said he wouldn't buy it again, but if someone gave him one, he said he'd drink it (rating = 6).

No comments:

Post a Comment