Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas the Frambozen Before Christmas

In the spirit of Christmas, Husband and I enjoyed a Frambozen Rasberry Brown Ale (6.5% ABV) from New Belgium Brewing Company in Fort Collins, Colorado after our return from Christmas Eve service.  After the the kids arranged the cookies and wrote a letter to Santa, we all gathered round and read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" on the couch together.  Kids drank eggnog and adults enjoyed some Frambozen, a delicious and festive raspberry ale.


At the request of my brother-in-law, we will bring back the rating system.  He did not specify the scale he would like me to use, but I hope that 1 (Yuck.  Could not finish.) to 10 (Amazeballs!!! I'm already heading to store to get another one) will satisfy his needs. 

Overall, a delicious "festive occasion" beer.  The raspberry initially tasted like cranberry to me, but after it warmed, it was distinctly raspberry.  One of these was enough.  Husband rates it a 7 and I would have to agree.

In the spirit of Christmas, here is a picture of the kids, busy writing a letter to Santa and snacking on baby puffs.  Big sister wrote it on behalf of herself, her little sister and her puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment