Friday, December 30, 2011

Nefarious Ten Pin

After taking a year off to grow a baby, I hit the slopes again for the first time. Turns out, skiing is like riding a bike but only in the sense that once you learn, you never forget.  But I may have been a bit ambitious by skiing the entire day with my sister and Husband who are fearless and pretty much 10x better than me.  We hit up the moguls and I pretty much killed each mogul I encountered.  And by killed I mean that my skis removed them from the mountain.

Despite the moguls and my 80,000 wipeouts, I survived the day and was feeling great after my last run.  So great that I ordered the Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter (8% ABV) from Ska Brewing Company in Durango, Colorado.  I did not realize I was going to be served a giant beer.  So I shared it with my sister and damn, it was amazeballs (Note: I drank it with my sister, so I am using her favorite word).  Rich and chocolatey with very subtle hints of coffee. 

I give this one a 10.  I'd give it more but that would defeat the purpose of the scale.  If I ever come across this again, I will order one immediately.  Best enjoyed in cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment