Saturday, December 29, 2012

Nipple Mountain and Holy Mole

Nipple Mountain Nip (left) and Holy Mole
Pagosa Brewing Company
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
In an attempt to taste test ALL their beers, I spent another day at the brewery for lunch.  But this time was better because my sister accompanied me.

According to the brewer, "Nip is our richest and most full-bodied beer to date. An American Barleywine, it's aged for months. The luscious velvety texture is balanced with a huge amount of classic America hops, which includes dry hopping for a heady hop aroma. At 10.5% ABV it's meant to be slow-sipping, but is also dangerously drinkable & smooth."  I'm normally not much of a barleywine fan - but I didn't realize this was a barleywine until after I already had a glass in front of me.  I must admit - it was quite delicious.  It was smooth and it was heavy but not syrupy.  It was heavy but light.

The Holy Mole is a Mayan influenced brown ale.  Ale is brewed with real chocolate, red chilies and special spices.  This was not my beer so I only had a few sips of it.  It was full of flavor, that's for sure.  I couldn't quite tell what was going on, but it was good.  Not great, but good.  I would certainly give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment