Friday, December 28, 2012

Fireside Powder Day


Powder Day IPA (6.7% ABV)
Pagosa Brewing Company
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
If any of you read this blog on a somewhat regular basis, you may recall that over the years I have developed a love-hate relationship with Pagosa Brewing Company.  And for those of you reading this who don't read this blog regularly, please know that I have a love-hate relationship with Pagosa Brewing Company.

The love part obviously stems from the fact that, I love local breweries.  And well, they make a wide variety of good-to-great beers.  And they are the only brewery in town.

The hate part stems from their silly growler refill rules (which I understand are a result of having a small bar and a limited bar staff, but jeez -- please brainstorm a way to make it easier for thirsty people to buy your product) and the one or two snotty waitresses I've had to interact with during my infrequent wintertime visits.

But the love part always wins and I always pay them multiple visits to the brewery during our annual vacation.

There are always so many beers - and such a wide variety of them - on tap and I always want to try them ALL.

As I mentioned in a previous post, while I was at home playing in the snow with my daughter (I should add that this was her first snow experience) on a perfect powder day, the rest of the crew was shredding it up in knee-deep powder.  After making a trip to the brewery for lunch, we brought a growler of the Powder Day IPA home to share with the group.  We made a fire and sat around on the lumpy couches in the awkwardly arranged family room and killed the growler in no time.

Seriously.  I wasn't lying about the powder that day.  A good friend of ours took the picture below of The Husband making first tracks off the top somewhere. Amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment