Monday, January 30, 2012

Switching it up...

For whatever reason, tonight we switched to wine.  We used to drink lots of wine, well not LOTS, but at least a lot more frequently than we do these days.  So we've got a bunch sitting around on our lovely wine rack.  The Husband opened this bottle tonight and initially, I was not excited.  It had been so long since I had enjoyed a glass of wine that I was just not excited about wine.  But this was a great re-introduction to wine.  It was light, smooth, juicy and fruity.  I'm not sure if I should admit it, but we enjoyed our wine with a few Fig Newtons (it's not a cookie...it's a bit of fruited cake) and couch lounging.

I don't remember what I paid for this bottle, but I would definitely buy it again if it's under $20.  It's good, but it's not >$20/bottle good.  Then again, I'm a wine novice so my taste buds are by no means refined.
Beringer Founders Estate 2009 Pinot Noir

No comments:

Post a Comment