Sunday, January 29, 2012

Birthday Blog

Happy Birthday Pat!
We had a family get together this weekend to celebrate a birthday for my brother in law.  He is one of the few people that reads the beer blog often and has even started to make suggestions for beers to try, a rating system, etc.  He has even been kind enough to supply a few beers for us to try and review (Camelback IPA). 

So, in honor of the birthday boy, I will use his exact words sent to me in series of 3 text messages to describe today's beer, the Whitewater IPA (5.8% ABV) from The Boston Beer Company (i.e. Sam Adams) in Boston, Massachusetts.
"Whitewater IPA is a non-memorable brew in the world of IPA's.  Was it great, no.  Was it bad, no.  On a scale of 1 to 5, it was a solid 3.  Neither remarkable or offensive.  Given the nearby reviews of the Mossy Oak (previously reviewed here), I'd choose the Whitewater.  But if I strolled the aisles of Total Wine or the East Mesa Costco, I'd go another direction.  Perhaps a Deschutes, Sierra Nevada or 4 Peaks would catch my eye. It seems that Sam Adams wants to be the jack of all trades but ends up the master of none..."

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment