Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sailing Santa

Compliments of our beer swap friends in Austin, today we enjoyed the Sailing Santa (7% ABV) from the Saint Arnold Brewery in Houston, Texas as we packed up the last of the Christmas decorations.  I hate (and I mean HATE) packing up Christmas decorations.  Why is the box for the tree always so damn small?!?  Every year I find myself nearly sitting on the tree to squish all the branches back the way they were only to discover that it still is no where near able to fit back into the tiny and crappy cardboard box they sell you the tree in.  BAH.  Bring out the tape.  Now there are fake pine needles all over my floor, dammit.  Bring out the vacuum.  And soon enough, you find that you're cleaning the whole house because of fake pine needles or dust rings around the Christmas trinkets that have been adorning your coffee table, etc. 

<Sigh>

But this year, we decided to do all the work involving ladders on Saturday afternoon and then all the rest of the packing/putting away today (Sunday).  Enter, the bottle of Sailing Santa.  I taste pine.  I taste citrus.  I taste hops.  I taste a lot going on in my mouth...and bubbles.  I enjoyed this beer, but I think Scott enjoyed it a bit more as I think he ended up drinking more of it than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment