Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 1 of the National Something Day challenge

I love the internet.  Thanks to the vast and never-ending wealth of information accessible with only a few clicks, today I learned that August is National Catfish Month, National Golf Month, National Eye Exam Month, National Water Quality Month, Romance Awareness Month, Peach Month, and Foot Health Month.

I also learned that every day in every single month is dedicated to something. That's 365 (or sometimes 366) days with awesomely random reasons to celebrate -- other than being alive, but I digress.

Upon learning all of this, I decided to challenge myself (and Mr. Suburban Suds, formerly known as The Husband).  For the next 30 days, my beertography goal is to make each one of these silly days somehow apply to our choice of beer or come alive through our beertography.

So without further delay, I wish you a happy National Mustard Day.

Honker's Ale (4.3% ABV)
Goose Island Beer Company
Chicago, Illinois


Edmond Fallot mustard from the La Moutarderie Fallot, a family-owned company since 1840. Mr. Suburban Suds and I purchased this on a rainy day after a fabulous 6-hour wine tour in Dijon, France.  Damn, now that I'm eating it again, I remembered that this is really really good mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment