Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tart Ale or a boozy soda? You decide.

I generally love fruity beers.  My favorite fruit beer in the world is Fruli Fruit beer, a Strawberry Beligan White Beer, brewed in Ghent, Belgium, which I first tasted at the Secret Beer Garden in London in 2007.   It is more of a smoothie than a beer...which probably has something to do with why I enjoyed it so much.

Who knew when I took these pictures over 6 years ago that they would come in handy for my future beer blog?  On that note, if someone had told me 6 years ago that in 6 years I would be: married, living in a house in suburbia, the mother of two, a dog-lover, a part-time consultant, a part-time fitness instructor teaching 3 classes every week, a home brew junkie and a beer writer on the side -- I would've laughed in their face.  Life is funny like that.

 Today's beer is another one of the beers delivered by the neighborhood Beer Fairy...

Blackberry Tart Ale (5.8% ABV)
Coors Brewing Company
Golden, Colorado
Although I'm not a big Blue Moon fan (unless in a can in my pool), I enjoy trying all their various styles/flavors just to see what they're up to these days.  I was a little excited about this because like I said, I enjoy fruit beers.  But this wasn't much of a beer so much as it was a soda with 5.8% alcohol.  Poured up with a slightly red/purple tint and not much carbonation.  Went down a bit like syrup.  Might have been better on ice through a straw.

But hey, now I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment