Wednesday, April 24, 2013

FFFoamy Chef Series

Opening a bottle of any of the Sonoran Chef Series brews is always exciting because each brew is always something risky, bold and uniquely unlike anything you've ever had before...

FFF (4.2% ABV)
Sonoran Brewing Company
Scottsdale, Arizona
The unique ingredients this time? Basil and grapefruit.

First sniff is basil and citrus.  First taste and my mouth told me WOW, there's a lot of both the basil and the grapefruit.  I like basil and I kind of like grapefruit but as it turns out, I like basil better in food than in my beer.  This one was not really my idea of a good combination.  The basil was far too strong and the grapefruit was slightly off (but that may be my personal taste because like I said, I'm not a huge fan of grapefruit to begin with).  My good friend from the loot bag story also was not a fan of this beer.

However, my sister really enjoyed this combination and thought it was a refreshing, crisp and clean beer.  The Husband was on the fence.

Rating:  out of 4 taste testers, this one got 2 thumbs down, 1 thumb up and 1 sideways wavering thumb.

Recommendations: like most beers, this is definitely worth a try...especially if you like grapefruit and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment