Sunday, March 31, 2013

Five Golden Rings

Released in winter 2012, 5 Golden Rings is the 5th beer/verse in The Bruery’s ‘12 Days of Christmas’ series. The beer is a silent boozer (meaning you won’t see it coming) of a golden ale with cinnamon, allspice and ginger.  My mouth told me that there was another flavor in the beer, but I was unable to distinguish it until The Husband read the bottle and blurted out PINEAPPLE!  Yes, yes that’s it.  Now it was distinctly a pineapple flavor.  Sweet but somehow it finished with a nice tang at the end.

According to the brewer, this beer, and all the previous ones in the series, could have been cellared until 2019, when 12 Drummers Drumming will be released.  Next year, when 6 Geese-a-Laying is released, I may just have to buy 2: one for immediate consumption and one for 2019 when I can sit back and get sloshed drinking all of them in a row.


Five Golden Rings Golden Ale (11.5% ABV)
The Bruery
Placentia, California

Score: 4.75 out of 5 pint glasses on the unofficial Suburban Suds pint glass rating system.

Recommendations: keep your eyes peeled and get in on the series.  I recently saw a bottle of this and a bottle of 4 Calling Birds at the store.  Now that I know they can be stored carefully, I’ll probably try to find them all and stock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment