Friday, November 9, 2012

Get out your sweaters...

My first thought after pouring and tasting this beer was: syrup.  It felt like I had sweaters on my teeth after just one taste. Ugh.  I was not excited to finish my glass so I picked up a few things around the house and avoided it for a while.

When I rediscovered my beer a bit later, I tasted it again.  MUCH BETTER.  To my surprise, the beer was no longer the consistency of syrup on my tongue but somehow it was now magically lighter and creamier.  Smoother.  Quite delicious even.

Voo Doo American Stout (8.5% ABV)
Left Coast Brewery
San Clemente, California

Recommendations:  take a sip after you pour it straight from the fridge.  If you don't love it, wait a few minutes and give it another try.  Have a cracker or a snack handy to nibble on while you enjoy this one.

Score: 4.5 out of 5 pint glasses on the unofficial Suburban Suds pint glass rating system

No comments:

Post a Comment