Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Beer!!!

I flew to Denver on Wednesday to kick off a girls weekend (thank you Husband!!!!) with my sister and two of her friends from New York.  Before leaving, I had to drop the baby off with my in-laws who were kind enough to watch her for the day on Wednesday.  Between trying to get ready, finish packing and get out the door with the kiddo before 8, I forgot to eat breakfast.  By the time I arrived at the in-laws house, I was damn near famished.  After running through her daily routine and dropping off the kiddo, I headed to the airport where I had to park, ride the bus, check-in, go through security and then learn that my flight was delayed.  Finally, time to eat.

The only food in the terminal?  Burger King. Are you kidding me?!?!  Ugh.  I did not wait 4 hours for breakfast only to have to eat Burger King, but alas, I did.  And it was terrible.  But it was food. 

Once I arrived in Denver (late), the girls were there waiting and ready to roll.  After getting my bag and then taking the shuttle to the rental car place, my stomach was damn near ready to eat itself.  But then once we got the car, we all just wanted to go.  So we went.  Breckenridge or bust.


I see you...

We checked in at our kick ass slopeside hotel (and promptly drank the complimentary bottle of wine they left out for us) and then called for the complimentary shuttle to take us to dinner.  I was dying for a cheeseburger and a cold beer.  Fortunately, so was everyone else.  We went to Empire Burger and it was magical. 

I had a White Rascal Belgian White Ale (5.6% ABV) from Avery Brewing Company in Boulder, Colorado.  This is my favorite style of beer and this one was particularly delish.  Come to think of it, almost every beer I've had from Avery has been amazing.  Anyway, this one was served with a small orange wedge and it was heavenly.  So heavenly in fact that I braved having two beers on my first night at 10,000 feet (which I typically don't do because I end up buzzed and then hungover the next morning when really I'm not hungover, I'm just dehydrated).  I hope that I can get my hands on this beer in Arizona somewhere...

Rating:  5 of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment