Monday, December 5, 2011

King of Beers? Who knew.

Like most beers, I chose this one because of the name and label art. I saw it on the shelf and recalled that I have liked other beers from the Rogue Brewery in Newport, Oregon.  Then I thought to myself "oh, I like to ski" and I smiled because the person on the label was rocking a turtleneck. So it won a space in my cart at Total Wine.  Once again, my very strict and highly scientific selection criteria did not let me down.

According to the Brewery's website, the Mogul Madness Ale (6.6% ABV) is "the king of winter ales since 1991."  It was awarded the Silver in the 2011 World Beer Championship and the Gold in the 2010 World Beer Championship.

Like I said, I did not know this when I purchased it. 


During our tasting (paired with leftover pulled pork stuffed into a quesadilla), I heard husband say at least five times "now that is a good beer."  For once, I totally agreed.  It gets better as it warms to room temperature but in this case, by the time that happened, my glass was nearly empty and we were both left wanting another.

This beer gets high marks from both of us.  We will be sure to purchase again.

1 comment:

  1. Rogue Brewery is one of my favorite, so much so I made Brian splurge for a B&B in Newport for my 30th birthday. The brewery, the aquarium,the ocean and clam chowder. Glad to see you have discovered a true favorite!

    ReplyDelete