Friday, December 9, 2011

6 Bars of Christmas

A friend of ours organized a holiday bar crawl at an outdoor mall in our neck of the woods, San Tan Village.  The crawl was dubbed "The 6 Bars of Christmas."   

The night kicked off at Brio Tuscan Grille with a Peroni in a frosty glass.  Our next stop was Cantina Laredo where we had a Dos Equis Amber. Our 3rd stop was Blue Wasabi Sushi Bar where I enjoyed a Pom Pom (pomegranate martini-ish) and husband had a Gin and Tonic.


At this point, we probably should have realized that the night was headed for a crash landing.

On to bar 4: The Keg.  I had a Blue Moon and husband had a Winter Blue Moon (I think).  We took some pictures with strangers and then headed on to Bar 5, Famous Dave's Barbeque.  I sampled their house brew, the Hog Brew.  I recall that it was OK but that I was more obsessed with trying to get some barbeque despite the restaurant doing their best to close.  I didn't finish it, but only because I was hungry for food and not beer.


Bar 6 was Kona Grill where I believe we all had Saki Bombers.  Bar 7, and our final destination was Gordon Biersch.  We all had their WinterBock, which I have already blogged about so I will not re-hash my feelings about this beer.

All in all, a very fun event.  Next time though, more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment