Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Customer satisfaction revisited

After our previous encounter with a beer from the Hermitage Brewing Company, I sent an e-mail to let the brew team know of the problem.  I received a response from the director of brewing within an hour.  He apologized and offered to send us a gift card to BevMo so we could give him another try.  I was surprised and thrilled.  This small incident somewhat restored my faith in humanity (somewhat) by showing me that not all people who own/run businesses are heartless and cold.  It was nice to discover that some people still care about producing a quality product and ensuring that their customers are satisfied.  A special thank you goes out to Ron Manabe at Hermitage/Tied House.

Anyway, I have not yet received the gift card but I did happen to have another bottle from this brewery in our coat closet (we live in Arizona - why wouldn't you turn your coat closet into a beer closet?!?!).  We opened the Wheatopia Double Hefe Beer (8% ABV) and waited.  No excess foam.  We sniffed the bottle. No dirty bar rag smell.  We concluded it was safe to proceed.  So we poured it up, photographed it and plopped down on the couch just in time for tip off of the New Mexico State vs. Arizona game.  Go Cats!

It should have been a few degrees colder but we still got the general vibe.  I expected a lot of wheat flavor but this was a pretty standard flavor for a "Double" Hefe.  Slightly unpleasant bitter aftertaste.

All in all, it was OK but we will not likely be repeating this particular beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment