Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthday Suit haiku

Open the bottle --
note the cherry aromas.
Clothing? Optional.

19th Birthday Suit Sour Cherry Ale (5.7% ABV)
Uinta Brewing
Salt Lake City, Utah


After 18 long months of research, the first bottle of 19th Birthday Suit Sour Cherry Ale hit the shelves in March 2012.  I scored this one shortly after it hit the shelves and recently found it hiding in the back of our beer closet (I mean who needs a coat closet in Arizona anyway?).  After a few days in the fridge we popped this open and were happy we did.  I should add here that I really love a good sour beer.  I used to hate them but over the past few years have learned to appreciate them and savor them.  This is bubbly and sour, somewhat like a bad champagne, but the cherry flavor compliments the sour and helps the beer finish clean in your mouth.

Happy Belated Birthday, Unita!  Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment