Thursday, March 28, 2013

Basketball watching beer

Saison de Lente (6.5% ABV)
The Bruery
Placentia, California
Went to school to pickup my kid and her teacher stopped me at the door to tell me she had a hard time falling asleep and so she was still napping.  She asked me to come back in 30 minutes to pick her up.  

So naturally, I went over to Whole Foods to pick up some beers for the upcoming weekend of basketball watching.  Got sidetracked by the TO-GO options at bar.  After much debate, I picked up a mini-growler (which, now that I've done the math, I realize was a pretty terrible economic decision.  Damn you silly unit costs!!!!) of the Saison de Lente from The Bruery, in honor of the upcoming Easter holiday.

Rating: 4 out of 5 pint glasses on the unofficial Suburban Suds rating system.

Recommendations: I really should stop making bracket selections by not picking teams who have screwed me in the past (i.e. Kansas, Georgetown, Michigan State) and also stop not picking teams who I hate (mainly just Duke and Kansas).  I still have 2 teams in the running ...but I have no chance of winning anything in my pool.


*****
UPDATE:  I originally wrote this just after the Sweet Sixteen concluded.  A few weeks later, I finished last in a pool with over 200 entrants.  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT WOOOOOT!     
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment