Friday, November 2, 2012

Sleepy Dog

One of my favorite breweries in Arizona happens to be Sleepy Dog Brewery in Tempe.  Their beer is always solid.  I haven't really ever tried a beer of theirs that I didn't like.  The atmosphere at the brewery is perfect.  And it's beer based around dogs, which I happen to have a soft spot for now that I'm a dog owner.

The Red Rover Amber is no exception to my above-mentioned reasons for loving Sleepy Dog.  It is an easy-drinking amber with a hint of chocolate.  Perfect for a chilly (well, what we consider chilly after 4 months of 100 degree nights) fall night in Arizona.

Red Rover Amber Ale (6.5% ABV)
Sleepy Dog Brewery
Tempe, Arizona

Recommendations: open a bottle to share.  Sit outside and relish the fact that you are finally able to wear a long sleeve shirt for reasons other than UV protection.

Score: 4.75 out of 5 pint glasses on the unofficial Suburban Suds pint glass rating system

No comments:

Post a Comment