Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What does YOUR dog drink?

This may come as a surprise, but we don't drink a new and exciting beer every single night.  Mainly because we are not millionaires with an endless supply of beer funds.  Maybe someday.  But then I'd probably have to go get a "real" job again instead of part-time environmental consulting, spin instructing and mothering.  Until we magically become independently wealthy and our beer slush fund is overflowing, we will drink LOTS of good beers, sometimes just average beers and plenty of ice cold watery domestics in the pool.

Tonight, we had my mom's homemade lasagna and wine.  I opened a beer (8th Street Ale -- 4.5% ABV -- from Four Peaks in Tempe, Arizona) and enjoyed about half.  But then while I was prepping all the food, I forgot about it.  Then we opened a bottle of wine.  Good wine.  While cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, I rediscovered my warm beer.  Rather than try to choke it down (and ruin the good wine) or pour it out, I decided to give it to our puppy dog, Gus.

Yes, he is drinking beer out of an old butter container.   You got a problem with that?
Other than a few sneezes (from the carbonation), he did not give me any feedback but he did empty his bowl.  If I had to guess, I'd say he'd give this beer 3.5 paws up.

No comments:

Post a Comment