Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Motor oil ale

I'll admit, I pick beers like I pick books ... by the visual interest of the label.  Yeah, I'm that girl.  Either way, it often results in some interesting selections.  Tonight is one of them.  We cracked a bomber of the Labyrinth Black Ale (13.2% ABV) from Uinta Brewing Company in Salt Lake City, Utah.  This is probably the darkest and thickest beer I've ever seen in my life.  If you hold the glass up to the light, you don't see anything.  Nothing at all. Someone on beeradvocate.com said it just about perfectly, "pours like motor oil."


For the first time in my life, I heard my husband utter some crazy words "oh wow, I don't think I could have more than one of these."  Agreed.  This beer should be dubbed the milkshake of beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment