Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Catchy phrase beer flop

Back in August I made a trip to Lincoln, Nebraska to surprise my mom for her birthday.  As I combed the aisles of the local Hy-Vee looking for a baby bath tub, I spotted a few unusual beers.  So I mixed and matched a six-pack and hauled them back to Arizona to share with Scott.

Tonight I opened the last of the beers from that collection, the Get-R-Done Golden Lager from SchillingBridge Winery and Microbrewery in Pawnee City, Nebraska.  I wanted to like this beer because this small town brewery is trying to help revitalize the economy of Pawnee City, Nebraska with their catch-phrase beer, but I just couldn't.  It is not good.  The beer is flat from the moment you pour it in a glass (pic below was taken less than an minute after I poured) and the flavor is nothing special.  It's better than a flat can of Coors Light, but only marginally.



And yes, the beer is named for Larry the Cable Guy...my absolute least favorite comedian of all time.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/02/AR2007070200711.html

No comments:

Post a Comment